Thursday, 5 June 2014

Getting a little personal...

It all started in a small country town called Northam, about 1 hour out of Perth City in Western Australia, basically on the opposite side of the country from where I currently live. I was the 4th addition to my family, having two older sisters and one older brother.

Me, my brother and my two sisters.

I spent the next 5 years growing up in Northam, meeting little friends, playing with my brother and sisters, helping (well what I thought was helping) my Dad build our family home and starting my first pre- school class (More like a playgroup than school).

Helping Dad with the house.



When I was 5 my parents decided to take that next step of moving to the "Big Smoke" this is what we used to always call Perth City. It was very exciting for our family as we had only ever known what it was like to grow up in a small country town.

I remember my first day of "real" school like it was yesterday, yes that was grade one. I walked in and as always I was super shy I sat my self down by a girl named Michelle (little did I know she would become my life long friend). There was a bit of 5 year pattern happening by this point as the next 5 years consisted of me playing with friends, having sleep overs, playing with my pet lamb, enjoying school, doing lots of homework, playing with my dolls (baby born was my absolute favourite) and basically been a child.

Me, my Mum and my pet lamb, Mary.


Next thing I knew my whole world had just crumbled when my parents decided to separate, I was 10 years old, grade five. With that my Mum decided to move my two sisters and my self to another small country town called Kalgoorlie, about 6 hours out of Perth City. My brother stayed living with my father in Peth. This was a very hard time for me as my brother was my best friend. It broke my heart to leave him behind. It also meant that I was now leaving all my little friends that I had made and my best friend Michelle.

As kids do I got over it as soon as I made new little friends and my brother would call me every week to talk, that was the highlight of my week I will never forget our phone calls. As grade seven approached I noticed I wasn't fitting in with all my friends anymore I seemed to be the "looser" at school, at least I still had my one friend Amy she was just like my "Michelle". I kept positive and my head down as I knew I would hopefully make new friends in high school next year.

High School was even worse, been such a shy person I just did not fit in. Amy moved to Perth with her family, I was alone. I was never in the "cool" group growing up but this broke my heart to know I wouldn't have my "Michelle" or "Amy" in high school, what was I going to do?

I eventually made a few new friends and that's when I started to rebel. I stopped showing up to school because I wanted to fit in with my friends, I no longer cared about my work and I was always rude to my family. My Mum had got a new partner by this stage and I now had a new baby sister. I soon became quickly attached to my baby sister and used to treat her like she was one of my baby borns. I loved her to pieces.

It was grade nine and I was 14 years old when the bullying at school became unbearable, I stopped attending what so ever, living in such a small country town also meant I couldn't go to the shops alone without been scared. I basically stayed home and baby sat my sister everyday. My father and I decided as a 14 year old I really needed to be in school. That's when I moved back to Perth to live with my Dad.

The next three years were fantastic, I loved my school, I loved my friends, I loved living with my Dad back in the "Big Smoke", I finally got back in contact with Amy and Michelle and I started studying towards becoming an accountant; Life was perfect. I then celebrated my 18th birthday with all my friends and had a blast. I was now working full time just at the local newsagency but loved my job and all the wonderful people I worked with, including my close friend Belinda.

Me, my oldest sister Kayleen, my sister Rachael, my Dad and Mum at my 18th





It got to a point when I decided I needed to shed my wings, I guess you could say. Little did I know that the next step I was about to take would change my life forever.

Stay tuned for the next post...

Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed another little insight to my journey.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Can't wait for the next one :) M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you enjoyed it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to your next post! So exciting hearing about your past experiences and life! Especially when I know so much about your life now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I don't know who this but you know a lot about me! That's exciting! ;) ... Glad you enjoyed the read xx

    ReplyDelete